Trade Contractor Related Permits

Use this permit type for:

  • Electrical Upgrades, Repairs, Improvements, or Temp Poles
  • Plumbing Upgrades, Repairs, or Improvements
  • Mechanical Upgrades, Repairs, or Improvements (Heating / AC)
  • Gas Line Installation (Residential / Commercial)

Click Here for Application Form (Instructions).

Be sure you submit any required supplemental documents with your application.

This form is not for new builds of stick built houses, modular or mobile home dwellings.  For building permits for dwellings, click the 'Building Permits' link on the menu above and to the left, and select the appropriate project type.

If you are doing trade work in conjunction with an existing new construction project, such as a new house, inground pool, or other project type for which a general contractor has already purchased a master permit, then all we would need from any trade contractor who is doing work under that master permit would be a trade affidavit.  Trade Affidavits are not for use as permit application for stand alone work such as that described in the bulleted list above.

Click Here for the Trade Affidavit Form.

Supplemental Documents Required for Permit:

  • Specifications for any equipment/devices used. (if out of the ordinary)
  • All Taxes MUST be paid on Property PRIOR to Application.


  • Type permit information into the text-box fields on the form, make selections from drop down boxes and/or any appropriate check-boxes.
  • Fill in what you know, anything you don't know - leave blank. 
  • Most permits require supplemental documents such as site plans, building plans, and so forth.
    • Supplemental documents required for this permit type are listed above.
  • Be sure to sign and date your application.
  • For Electronic Submissions:
    • If you want to email your application package, scan your application & supplemental documents to pdf files or take a jpg picture of each page using a camera or smartphone.
    • If you submit your application via email, be sure to attach your supplemental documents to your email.  Otherwise bring a printed copy of your application & all supplemental documents to the Planning Department at 117 NC Hwy 343 North.
    • Once you have filled out the form and created digital files of the supplemental documents, email them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or bring them to the Planning Department for processing.
  • We will notify you via email or phone when your permit is ready for pickup.

Saving Your Work to Continue Later:

Saving data may or may not be supported via your browser's pdf reader add-on.  If you have Adobe Pro or Adobe Reader DC, you can save or download the form and fill it out locally on your computer.  Local copies may be saved.  Saved copies of the fillable form may be emailed, although it is recommended to print your application to a pdf using a print-to-pdf program.


Powered by Phoca Download

Planning Department

P.O. Box 74 117 NC Hwy 343 North Camden, NC 27921 (252) 338-1919 x 235 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.