All volunteers must submit a volunteer application to be considered.


Advisory Boards & Committees

Camden County is seeking citizens who are willing to serve their community through participation on county advisory boards.  We are currently seeking volunteers the following advisory boards. For more information, click the advisory board of interest.

  • Planning Board - Two vacancies, one for a citizen from the Courthouse Township, and one for a citizen from the South Mills Township.  For more information regarding the Planning Board, click here.

  • Board of Adjustment - Five vacancies, one regular board member vacancy for a citizen from the Shiloh Township, two at-large regular board member vacancies, and two alternate board member vacancies.  For more information regarding the Board of Adjustment, click here.
  • HCCBG Committee - (Senior Citizen): Two vacancies for seniors. Click on the following link for more information:


  • Community Advisory Committee - (Albemarle Commission): VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:Two vacancies for Camden County. Applicant must reside in Camden and cannot live in, work at, or have a financial interest in the long-term care facilities that he/she will serve. You may also not have an immediate family member working/residing in the facilities that serve you. Must be 18 and older, live in the county and be willing to give your time (8 - 24 hours per quarter). For more information, call (252) 426-8244 or click on the following links for position description and an application. : 

Camden County Center for Active Adults (Formerly Camden Senior Center)

The Camden County Center for Active Adults is always in need of volunteers.  The center has many volunteer opportunities such as Meals on Wheels, BINGO hosts, and gardening help to name a few.  We are looking for people who have special talents such as sewing, ceramics, woodwork, fitness instructors, and anything that would be influential in our senior citizens lives.

For more information, please contact The Camden County Center for Active Adults at (252)-335-2569

Senior Tar Heel Legislature

  • Provides information and education to senior citizens on the legislative process and matters being considered by the NC General Assembly
  • Meets 3 times per year in Raleigh
  • Delegate must be 60 or older
  • Delegate reports to the county elected officials about what is happening at the state level that could impact citizens in the community
  • Delegate meets with local seniors throughout the county to listen to their concerns and voice those concerns at the statewide legislative meetings

For more information, contact the county administrators office at (252) 338-6363