On this page are listed the applications & forms used for building permits and for land use / zoning.  For building permits, find your permit type in the list below and click on the associated link.  Permit requirements are listed on each individual permit type page.  If you are unsure of what type of permit you need to apply for, check out our Administrative Manual, or contact our office at (252) 338-1919 x 235.


Land Use & Zoning Forms & Applications

Land Use Development Application
Home Occupation Permit Application

Zoning Change Request Application
Temporary Use Permit Application
Text Amendment Request Application
Variance Application
Appeal of Administrative Decision Application
Code Enforcement Investigation Request

Building Permit Applications & Forms 

Single Family Dwelling Unit Permits:

Stick Built House
Modular House
Singlewide Manufactured HUD Home
Doublewide Manufactured HUD Home
Triplewide Manufactured HUD Home

House Related Structural Permits:

Accessory Dwelling Unit
Addition to Existing Structure / Building
Attached Garage
Covered Porch
Crawlspace Moisture Control / Encapsulation
Foundation Stabilization
Renovation - Major Repair of Structure
Renovation - Major Alteration of Structure
Renovation - Major Improvement to Structure
Repair - Minor Repair of Structure
Repair - Minor Alteration of Structure
Repair - Minor Improvement to Structure

Demolition - Owner Affidavit of Intent Required

Accessory Use Permits:

Detached Garage
Lean To
Pole Barn
Pool / Spa - Above Ground
Pool / Spa - In Ground

Storage Shed / Building

Waterway Related Permits:
(Also requires CAMA Permit)


Trade Contractor Related Permits:

Electrical - Repairs, Service Change, etc.
Electrical - Temporary Power Pole
Mechanical - Residential or Commercial HVAC, other Commercial Systems, etc.
Plumbing - Residential or Commercial
Gas - Residential or Commercial LP or Natural Gas Line Installation

Other Permit Types:

Commercial Building
Communications Tower - Contact Planning Department at 252-338-1919 x 232 for details on this permit type.

Permit Related Documents / Forms:

Permit Fee Schedule
Fill Permit Application (Required for Dwellings)
Liens NC Website & Walkthrough
Contractor Trade Affidavit
LP / Natural Gas Contractor Affidavit
Workers Compensation Affidavit
Blank Energy Forms
Blank Termit Affidavit
Blank Culvert & Ditch Certification Form
Memos A, B, C (information relating to inspections)
Memo G (Appendix G from 2018 NC Building Code - relates to Pools/Spas)